Contract type: Full Time
Closing date: Monday 12 Apr 2021
Reference: CATS 1192
Contact: Katy Luckett | Group Talent Manager
Contact Email: email@example.com
ABOUT CATS COLLEGES
CATS Colleges is a leading provider of pre-university academic courses and English language courses in the UK. We provide programmes including A-Level, IB, and University Foundation, as well as English Language Study, to a growing number of international students seeking to win places at UK universities.
We operate a number of different educational brands: CATS Colleges in Cambridge, Canterbury, and London; CATS Academy in Boston; Cambridge School of Visual and Performing Arts (CSVPA) and Stafford House English language schools and study holidays. We benefit from being part of a global team focused on teaching and learning.
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
As part of the IT Services department, the primary objective of this role is to deliver a high-quality support service to the CATS Colleges community and contribute to implementation projects. Technicians are expected to focus circa 85% of their time on support functions and circa 15% on project activities, although this may vary according to the needs of the user support service, and the current workload. The role is primarily based in a local school, with employees across multiple sites across the UK, along with locations in the Far East, Europe, and the USA. This is principally a customer-facing role based at our central London Campus. Therefore, excellent interpersonal skills and a focus on quality customer service are essential. Technicians will typically operate as part of the larger team and will be expected to operate independently for level 1 support calls and BAU activities within the support service.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Technicians will be technically self-sufficient with a broad base level of knowledge across many technology fields and provide 1st and some 2nd line support functions for routine support issues.
- To actively develop skills and receive development advice, training, and mentoring from more senior staff.
- To be responsible for developing their technical skills in each area of technology, under the guidance of the IT Director. At this stage level, technical specialism is not required, although Technicians will be encouraged to identify prospective areas of interest where their development should be focussed.
- Monitor, prioritise, and resolve the incoming support calls from staff, liaising with IT colleagues and other staff as required
- Escalate difficult or intractable problems to more senior staff for resolution. Where possible they should also be involved in resolution activities for more difficult problems in order to improve their experience and develop their skills.
- Provide high-quality technical support to CATS Colleges employees across a broad range of technologies
- Periodic out of hours working and provision of remote support will be required to meet the needs of a rapidly growing international organisation spread across multiple time zones
- Complete regular IT “Business as usual” (BAU) operations and checks such as backups and status checks, printer operations, and other reactive or proactive support and maintenance tasks necessary to ensure stability, security, and performance of the infrastructure
- Ensure all documentation is maintained to the highest standard
- Ensure the digital security and safety of staff, students, systems, and data at all times
Closing Date 12th April 2021
Once the application form is complete, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference CATS 1192
Click here to download an application form
Click here to view the job description
Back to listing