Contract type: Full Time
Closing date: Friday 9 Apr 2021
Reference: CATS 1211
Contact: Katy Luckett | Group Talent Manager
Contact Email: email@example.com
Telephone: 01223 341334
ABOUT CATS COLLEGES
In the context of international education, the name CATS is known and loved by generations of learners and is synonymous with excellence. Originally, CATS was an acronym for Cambridge Arts, Technology and Science, representing the focus of the founding colleges based in the city. However, today, CATS Colleges, is much broader, it brings together a number of schools in four countries (UK, US, Canada and China). Its portfolio includes independent boarding schools, an Arts University College, English language schools and a variety of summer schools all with the common purpose of “inspiring the next generation of world shapers.”
An exciting position has become available within the Immigration Compliance team. The team is looking to recruit an individual to support the organisation in ensuring the effective and efficient recruitment of Student Route applicants. The role will require you to have previous UKVI experience gained from roles within an education facility. You will be naturally organised with meticulous attention to detail.
OVERVIEW OF THE JOB
Based at the Head Office in Cambridge, this role will form part of a cross-college team of UKVI compliance expertise, but with specific responsibility for new applications. The post-holder will be working closely with the Central Admissions Team and Global Sales Team, providing guidance on visa rules, vetting applications and conducting interviews to ensure high standards of immigration compliance throughout the application process. In order to achieve this goal, the postholder will provide regular trainings and updates to internal and external stakeholders as well as working collaboratively with stakeholders across central functions to raise the profile of immigration compliance. Additionally, the post holder will support direct students with visa applications. Strong commitment in providing accurate advice and excellent customer service is key to this role.
You will be directly responsible to the Compliance Business Partner.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
- Provide visa training and support to CATS Colleges Admissions Team and Global Sales Team
- Support our educational agents, as well as the Sales and Admissions Teams with visa related queries.
- Promote best practice amongst agents relating to visa applications.
- Support continuous improvement to central systems and processes with an aim to drive continuous improvement in immigration compliance.
- Accurately interpret and maintain an up-to-date knowledge of relevant Home Office legislation and regulations as well as good practice within the sector.
- Review borderline cases and determine whether a CAS can be assigned (for example, checking time limits, SELT exemptions and previous immigration record).
- Advise on and vet student’s application documents such as bank statements, birth certificates and TB certificates to ensure students successfully obtain their visa.
- Screen applicants with an aim to drive down the visa refusal rate by conducting compliance interviews where required.
- Support in the event of visa refusal; through assisting with submission of an Administrative Review and/or assigning a new CAS.
- Ensure that timely SMS reports are made for students who never arrive in college (no shows, deferrals, and visa refusals).
- Liaise with external agencies when necessary such as UKVI, Home Office commercial partners and UKCISA.
- Develop a processes to provide visa support to direct applicants from initial contact to submission of visa application.
- Where necessary, assist applicants in completing and submitting their visa applications from their home country.
- Maintain the guidance and information available to prospective students across all publications, including information contained on websites.
Closing Date 09 April 2021
Once the application form is complete, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org using the reference CATS 1211
Click here to download an application form
Click here to view the job description
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and reserve the right to appoint in advance of the closing date. We would therefore advise that you submit your completed application as soon as possible.
CATS Colleges are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Back to listing